Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WINTER HAS ARRIVED!

It's cold, no, freezing. Snow lies on the hills, the wind is whipping through the trees outside my window and it's sleeting.

Being unfortunate enough to catch a dastardly 'flu bug over a week ago has meant I've done very little - including blogging.

Now I'm not one of those people who hate winter. In fact I rather like it. Roaring fires, hot soup on the stove, wearing winter woolies and devouring more books and movies than usual. And nothing beats sitting behind glass on a sunny frosty day. But just today, with my frozen toes and sniffly nose, I'm looking forward to spring, which is a bit of a bother really because winter has only begun!

Right, I'm off to stoke the fire and make myself a hot lemon drink. I'll be back soon, hopefully with something interesting or exciting to tell you about.


2 comments:

  1. Keep warm! I love winter too so am reveling - thankful I have no winter lurg in my way, Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay and I hope the lurgs keep away from you!

      Delete

Hi, thanks for stopping by.
I'd love to hear from you, even if it's just to say "Hello'.